After a long wait (2 1/2 days), they are here. At least 3 of them are.
The labor started yesterday afternoon around 1:45. She had short bursts of panting and restlessness, but would then settle into a nice comfy spot and rest quietly. She did this all day and night. And then around 4:30 she got really restless and started burrowing under our bed. I got up and settled her back into her bed in the bathroom and sat with her to keep her there.
I was expecting a long wait still, but by 5:10 I noticed her pushing. Sure enough, by 5:15, number one was born. I will keep the details out, but let me tell you this. It was a messy, gross mess! The little one was cleaned off and quickly started rooting for mama.
Number 2 and 3 came during the next hour and by then Abby was ready. She was a little freaked out the first time.
This picture shows 2 of them. The first was yellow/white and the next two are black.
Dillon got to see the 3rd one born, but Bailey did not wake up in time. She really didn't want to go to school so she could see the last one born, but she went anyways.
I'm going back up to wait for the last one.
5 comments:
Congratulations!!!
When you say the babies were 'cleaned off' do you mean you cleaned them up or Abby?
I hope my next labor is as long as Abby's.
Did she cry when she was pushing?
I bet you were a really good birth partner for her!
they are soooooo cute, everyone here at work is enthralled w/ this!!
When Miss Vicki came to work today and told me that she was the proud grandmother of quadruplents I wondered if you had been taking fertility drugs but I finally caught on to the story and had to check out your pics! Very cute and what a surprise!!
I want Brownie-Dixie would be a great step-mom! YOu make a mother
proud!!
Holly- My sanity is pretty shaky now, I can't imagine what it might be with 4 more kids. =)
Post a Comment